Click Hock Shield
Can be worn 24 hours/7 days a week. Plan on replacing your Hock Shields after about 3 months of full-time wear. However, some horses have been known to wear their Hock Shields for 6-12 months.
Content Outer Shell – tear-resistant neoprene
Lining – soft fleece
Because some products can burn skin when wrapped, please consult veterinarian when using medications under our Shields.
Not to be used on horses in turn-out or on pasture. It is not advisable to restrict the leg when your horse is in a full gallop.
Note:Some horses may grow white hairs on back of leg where top band rubs.
If your horse has neoprene sensitivity, do not use these products.
How to Determine Correct Size
- Measure the smallest point just above the hock joint.
- Make sure the leg is straight and the hoof is flat on the ground.
13” up to 15.9″= Regular Horse
16” up to 20″= XL/Draft
Custom Shields can be made for horses with unique sizes or problems. Call our office to discuss your needs: (831)426-1206
How to Attach Click Hock Shield
Make sure the leg is straight under and the hoof is flat on the ground.
- Put the side with the label on the outside of the leg.
- Bring the elastic strap around the inside of leg to the outside.
- Pull the strap for a “snug” fit.
- Lock top Velcro flap down.
- Adjust inside tab ONLY if outside tab is too long or too short.
Best fit for Click Hock Shield
- Make sure the leg is straight under and the hoof is flat on the ground.
- You should be able to put two fingers between the horse’s leg and the band.
- DO NOT pull the elastic strap too tight so as to restrict circulation or create pressure sores. It is better to go too loose than too tight.
- With a little experimentation, you will find the perfect fit.
Because some medicines can burn the skin when wrapped, consult veterinarian when using medications under the Hock Shield.
Note: Some horses may grow white hairs where the top fleece band rubs.